Interesting facts about Dr. Allama Iqbal
Every nation has its leader and founder that leads nation to its right destination. We have a leader like Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, but a philosopher also. And he is Allama Iqbal. He defines philosophy about a separate nation for Muslims. He also defines the difference between religions. And then dream to get a separate homeland for Muslims.Today we will discuss about interesting facts about our national poet.
He was a unique philosopher and a great poet as well. He was born in November 9, 1877 in Sialkot. His family was Kashmiri Pandit first. But later on they converted to Muslims in 15th Century.
Pakistan Government recognized him as a “National Poet“. And rest of the world knows him as “Poet of East (Shair-e-mashriq)”.
- Allama Iqbal was married three times and have 2 children named Javed Iqbal and Bano. He loved his daughter too much. When he was admitted in hospital in his last days of life. He asked his maid for Bano. His maid replied I left her in home because she will irritate you by his mischiefs. Allama Iqbal smiled and replied next time when you come take her with you. I feel happy to see her.
- Allama Iqbal wrote many poems and books of poetry related to religion. He was used to take casket (Hookah). He kept his casket, a pen and a notepad near to his bed. According to him, usually he got the poetry when he had been smoking.
- He was a Sufi also. So his sufiana kalam let us know about the true religion and love of Allah (ishq-e-haqiqi).
- He was attributed with two titles which are “Mufakir-e-Paksitan” (Deep thinker of Pakistan) and “Hakeem ul Ummat” the (sage of Ummah). He was also given khan Bahhadurdin F.S Jalaludin medal in 1897 for an outstandiing result in the Arabic Language.
- His first book of poetry was Asrar-e-khudi. was written in The Persian Language and deals with philosophy of religion.
May his soul rest in peace.